This chilli recipe calls for a few ingredients which might be difficult to find other places in the US, so beside each ingredient which may be hard to source out of NM, there will be a substitution suggestion.
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 large can tomato paste
- 1 package brautwurst
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bellpeppers, cut into chunks
- 2 Pasilla peppers/any old pepper which ain't bell or hot
- 4 Jalapenos, raw NOT pickled
- 2 Habaneros, ditto
- 2 handfuls baby carrots
- 1 bag green chilli/can of green chilli/frozen green chili/don't worry about it
- 2 cans beef broth/broth/consume/bouillon/some kind of meat water
- 1 IPA or lager
- All the beans (I'd advise pinto, garbanzo and kidney)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened chocolate powder (very important, do not skip)
- a shit ton of garlic
- cumin powder
- a shit ton of red chilli powder
- Throw in slow cooker on 6-8 hours. Leave alone.
- Throw in a large pot. Put the stove heat on low. Poke with a stick at intervals. Cook for at least 4 hours, or until carrots are super soft. You should be able to cut the brauts with a spoon and a slight bit of pressure.
If it needs liquid, add it, otherwise it's good on low for a long time.
If I was you, I'd serve it with rice or cornbread. And with milk or Tums. For a vegetarian version, add moar beans and use veggie broth.